What's Your Take on Event Tech?
Are you planning for a hybrid future? Tell us about your experience with event tech by taking this brief survey
for our new First Look Research report.
Bizzabo, the technology provider that now bills itself as an "event experience operating system," has acquired TeeVid, a video platform for creating, producing and broadcasting content. The platform will serve as the engine behind Bizzabo's new Ultimate Video Production Suite, an integrated tool that will allow planners to create high-quality video for virtual, in-person or hybrid events.
The need for quality video production has become increasingly evident as the pandemic persists, particularly for maintaining attendee engagement during virtual events. Meeting organizers with the budget to do so have frequently turned to production agencies for their streams; at the same time, a number of event-technology platforms have raced to incorporate video-production tools in their respective workflows. Bizzabo's TeeVid announcement follows similar moves such as Cvent's acquisition of Shoflo and Aventri's partnership with Brandlive — all meant to facilitate the video-production process and include DIY capabilities for both virtual and in-person meetings.
Bizzabo's vision for the Ultimate Video Production Suite is for their customers to be able to create custom, production-quality video content "in a few clicks," allowing them to control all aspects of the event.
"Video is a crucial part of hybrid-event strategies, both as a way to deliver personalized, immersive experiences as well as empowering flexibility and choice," said Bizzabo cofounder and CEO Eran Ben-Shushan. "We're thrilled to welcome TeeVid's team of world-class video experts to Bizzabo as we continue to invest in empowering event experiences."
TeeVid's solution is fairly unique in that it provides a platform to create, produce and broadcast video, as opposed to focusing solely on production. Among the capabilities promised for the Ultimate Video Production Suite are:
- The ability to create live and interactive events, webinars or meetings for an unlimited number of attendees;
- The option to pull information directly from all solutions on the Bizzabo platform, including agenda, speakers, sessions, registrations, meetings and more; all data will be connected and automatically synced;
- It will allow the producer to control the main stage and attendee-view layouts, including organizing panels that connect remote speakers to in-person attendees;
- The ability to run breakout sessions that provide similar, concurrent experiences for both in-person and remote participants; and
- The capability to publish participant-generated content and incorporate polls, quizzes and other creative tools to ramp up engagement.
The suite is expected to be widely available to Bizzabo customers in the first quarter of 2022.
TeeVid marks Bizzabo's third acquisition in the last five months, following the x.ai and Whalebone deals. TeeVid cofounders Adi Nathan and Vincent Chavy, along with the company's team of developers, are joining Bizzabo. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.