The Destinations International Foundation and its parent organization have revealed the 2021 30 Under 30 class, a group of outstanding young destination-management professionals.
Each year, 30 talented staffers under the age of 30 from convention and visitors bureaus are recognized, giving them access to
valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought
leadership. The honorees originate from a variety of
destination organizations of all sizes, from various countries.
This year's class will receive professional development opportunities throughout the year,
including via monthly webinars, access to industry
thought leaders and public engagement with
Destinations International initiatives. Other benefits include a mentorship program, complimentary registration to the 2021 Annual Convention and networking with the 30 Under 30 alumni community.
"The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission," said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. "As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals, as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry."
Following are the members of the 2021 30 Under 30 class:
- Imran Ansari, vice president, Discover Long Island
- Jasmine Armstrong, hotel relations manager, Visit Philadelphia
- Derek Byrne, social media manager, Visit KC
- Rodrigo Carreon, visitor services & marketing coordinator, Visit Lake Norman
- Emily Deckert, sales and marketing manager, Explore Waterloo Region
- Colleen Dorney, director of outreach & operations, Dutchess Tourism
- Zane Harrington, communications manager, Visit Dallas
- DeShawn Hewgley, visitor services manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp.
- Mariah Hickman, marketing manager, New Orleans & Co.
- Lauren Huffer, partnership services manager, Visit Denver
- Alicia Leamer, visitor information services manager, Travel Juneau
- Jason Letwin, research and performance manager, Explore Edmonton
- Silei Li, manager, advertising, Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Shannon Lowery, content and social media manager, Visit Savannah
- Bree Nidds, vice president of sales, Discover Lehigh Valley
- Manuel Pimentel, multimedia coordinator, Discover Puerto Rico
- Zeke Ramsell, manager, convention sales, SF Travel
- Mara Rodas, sales coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Lacee Rudd, public relations manager, Visit Panama City Beach
- Jé-Vonna Sampson, manager, borough relations and member programs, NYC & Company
- Maria Santos, manager, global marketing programs, Brand USA
- Mary Sayewich, manager, project services, Ottawa Tourism
- Elizabeth Shanaman, vice president, research and market analysis, Visit York County
- Caleb Sullivan, sales and marketing manager, Jackson County Tourism Development Authority
- Nate Swick, communications manager, Visit Indy
- Chase Wharton, business development manager, Visit Tri-Cities
- Chelsea Whitman, meeting sales manager, Visit Anaheim
- Leonard Williams, experience satisfaction coordinator, Bermuda Tourism Authority
- Jeffrey Yau, senior international tourism sales manager, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Emily Zertuche, vice president of marketing, Visit Corpus Christi
Northstar Meetings Group is among the sponsors of Destination International's 30 Under 30 program.