The founders of the Setting Wines label, who recently took ownership of the Napa Vineyard Inn in California, have renovated and rebranded the property as the Setting Inn Napa Valley. The 5-room hotel's remodeled main building was originally built as a farmhouse in 1901; a separate two-bedroom, two-bathroom cottage is adjacent. The historic landmark property is in the heart of wine country, between downtown Napa and nearby Yountville.
"As we have established our brand in the wine industry in both Napa and Sonoma counties, this location was the natural choice for the Setting brand to launch a new concept and set the framework for memorable experiences that will be treasured for a lifetime," explained Jeff Cova, co-owner of the Setting Inn Napa Valley.
The two-story main building has bright, airy guest rooms in two different categories, signature and deluxe. New furniture, features and décor have been added to every room. A rustic, stylish barn, outfitted with reclaimed wood, serves as a private tasting area and gathering spot. The 700-square-foot venue, available for private events, is surrounded by vineyards. The facility will be further renovated and will soon have newly beamed ceilings and other upgrades.
Property buyouts can be arranged, for exclusive use of all common areas. A two-night minimum is required for most dates.
The inn also offers an outdoor deck with lounging furniture, outdoor fireplaces and oversized lawn games such as Connect 4 and Jenga. A new workout room features a Peloton bicycle, and two electric bikes also are available to guests for exploring the area. All stays include a personalized tasting session of the Setting Wines, and daily breakfast is provided from Bouchon Bakery.
In-room amenities include Nespresso coffee makers, L'Occitane bath products, robes, heated bathroom floors, electric fireplaces, soaking tubs and views of the vineyard.
The property is managed by Ironwave Management, known for launching the renovated and acclaimed Timber Cove Resort in Jenner, Calif., on the Sonoma Coast.