Why Park City for Your Next Meeting or Event?
Transportation in & Around
Salt Lake City International Airport is about a 35-inute drive from downtown Park City. Shared transport to Park City includes Canyon Transportation
, starting at $45 ($82 roundtrip). Uber and Lyft start at $45; by taxi, $85.Taxes
Park City, 10.45%; Summit County (Canyons Village to Kimball Junction), 9.35%CVBVisit Park City
Whatever the season, an activity-centric destination like Park City means visitors will be playing outside, just using different gear. Summer events include the Savor the Summit feast on Main Street (above). Among upgrades in
town are a new pool and après-ski plaza at the Stein Eriksen Lodge.
• A new family-friendly pool
area, the 56-seat Freestyle Movie Theatre and the ski-in/ski-out Champions Club Plaza were all part of a $14 million project completed last September at the 180-room Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley. The plaza features two fire pits and heated walkways.
A new entertainment center draws in kids of all ages with high- and low-tech games; guests can grab a bite there at a casual restaurant.
• The 220-room Waldorf Astoria Park City is expanding its 4,000 square feet of meeting space with the addition of the new Summit Room. As part of the project, the resort’s fitness center is being transported
to a spot overlooking the outdoor swimming pool. More details should be available in the spring.
Looking to Plan a Utah Meeting?
Learn everything you need to know about this relaxing locale at Destination West
, Northstar’s premier event for meetings and incentive pros looking to book biz in the area.
• Montage International has announced the development of the Pendry Residences Park City, scheduled to open in 2021. The property will have 150 condominiums, many of which will be in a rental pool, and groups will have access to 7,000 square feet of meeting
space, including a 4,000-square-foot ballroom.
• Opening this summer is the 46-room Lodge at Blue Sky,
an Auberge Resort. The property will be an anchor for the outdoor-games destination on 3,500 acres. Hiking and biking trails, horseback-riding, fly-fishing and sporting clays are available on the grounds in summer, and guests go snowshoeing, cross-country
skiing, heli-skiing and fat-tire biking in winter.
• Opening in November 2019 is Woodward Park City, a sports-training facility for kids and families that also will offer options for team building.
• The 20-room Goldener Hirsch Inn is adding 40 residences that will be available for rent, to be completed before the 2020 ski season. The ski-in/ski-out property is mid-mountain at Deer Valley.
City Mountain’s Cloud Dine now holds 200 more diners; and a renovation of the Mid-Mountain Lodge, carved from a 120-year-old miners’ boarding house, added more indoor seating, an upgraded outdoor dining area and new menus.
• At Deer Valley,
$8.1 million was spent on improvements such as a new Homestake chairlift and a fourth trail for mountain-biking.
Only in Park City
Among the 15 golf courses in the area are the 18-hole Canyons Resort Golf Club, 18-hole Crater Springs Golf Course, 18-hole (and Arnold Palmer-designed) Jeremy Ranch Golf & Country Club. For details on these layouts and more, go to parkcityutahgolf.com.
A casual setting and a new American menu feel just right for day’s end at the Twisted Fern. Groups of 44 (88 standing) fit nicely in the space to sample a constantly evolving menu that features seasonal ingredients sourced from
local purveyors or produced in-house. twistedfern.com
Going off-road in winter means hitting the snowmobile trails for fun in the woods. Among companies offering rides is Backcountry Snowmobiling,
which takes up to 20 people out at a time for two-hour tours on a private, 40,000-acre ranch. One- to four-hour tours can be arranged with Rocky Mountain Outfitters.
Park City's Top 10 Restaurants
- Yuki Yama Sushi - Japanese
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - Steakhouse
- Edge Steakhouse - Steakhouse
- Riverhorse on Main - American
- Handle - American
- Lespri Prime Steak Sushi Bar - American
- High West Distillery & Saloon - American
- 710 Bodega - Mediterranean
- No Name Saloon & Grill - Bar, Pub
- Twisted Fern - American
Best CVB/DMO, Southwest: Visit Park City, UT