A person's pet can inspire a high level of devotion, not just in the care they give the animal but the food and products they buy for it. That presented both an opportunity and a challenge for VCA Animal Hospitals, which offers long-term wellness plans for dog and cat owners via their pet-protection plan, VCA CareClub.
To better understand the impact of the tailored plan, VCA surveyed CareClub members and implemented the feedback in the form of a rewards program, in collaboration with Hawk Incentives. The success of the program earned it this year's Motivation Master award in the Loyalty Category.
Organized each year by Incentive, the awards honor four category winners in the areas of sales, channel sales, recognition and loyalty, as well as the Grand Motivation Master award that celebrates outstanding overall achievement. The winners were announced earlier this month at an awards at Incentive Live, Northstar Meeting Group's incentive, loyalty and motivation event at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park.
Among the goals were:
• to improve member satisfaction
• generate more member engagement
• drive member renewal rates
• encourage more VCA CareClub members to use VCA Home Delivery services
CareClub members making purchases at VCA Animal Hospitals or via VCA Home Delivery within the U.S. earned 10 reward points for every dollar spent on qualifying products. At 2,000 points ($200 spent), members received a $20 VCA Mastercard, provided by Hawk, which could be used toward products or services at VCA Hospitals.
The program's results were:
• 17.5 percent increase in sales
• 46 percent increase in VCA Home Delivery among members
• 10 percent of the VCA client base was enrolled in the VCA CareClub (as of March 2018)
• 78 percent of members were using the rewards
• overall satisfaction, engagement, compliance and renewals have improved
"VCA has seen a measurable boost to its bottom line, substantial reward program participation, an uptick in products and services bought, and more," says Remmington McKenney, in charge of loyalty marketing for VCA.