This event originally took place onWednesday, April 13, 2022.
From March 2020, when available meetings jobs disappeared, to today, where candidates are asking for — and sometimes getting — higher salaries and/or creative benefits, the meetings industry's job market has kept planners on their toes as they look for new positions. In this webinar, Dawn Penfold, president of Meetingjobs.com, a division of Cadre, shares insights into what hiring managers are looking for and what planners are asking for.
Among the points discussed:
- How do you attract and retain talent in our industry in 2022?
- What are the candidates asking for and what are realistic expectations on both sides?
- What is the laundry list of new benefit expectations?
- Is being flexible within your corporation an option?
- Where do you find the jobs and where do you find the talent?
- Why can't I find a coordinator-level person with one- to three-years' experience?
Earns 1 Hour of CMP Credit
A former meeting professional, Dawn started the Meeting Candidate Network in 1990, which over the years turned into Meetingjobs.com, to fill a need for a professional recruitment company serving this industry. As founder and president of Meetingjobs.com she has helped thousands of candidates and hiring officials to connect successfully, economically and efficiently, placing candidates in either full-time or temporary positions.
Sarah J.F. Braley
Northstar Meetings Group
Sally oversees content on Northstar’s meetings-related websites, as well as the print edition of Meetings & Conventions and Successful Meetings, along with covering key beats. Sally joined M&C in 1994 as a senior editor, after spending eight years at New Jersey Monthly magazine. She holds a master’s degree from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University and a B.A. in Journalism (with minors in French, Greek and psychology) from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.