Why Scottsdale for Your Next Meeting or Event?
The picture-perfect Sonoran Desert is one of the many reasons meeting and incentive groups are drawn to Scottsdale. The Arizona destination also offers luxurious resorts, hip boutique hotels, outstanding golf courses, pampering spas and a cutting-edge
Event Venues, Additions & Renovations
• The 453-room JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa is adding a 15,000-square-foot ballroom, scheduled to debut in June 2018. The property, which has a current total of 128,000 square feet of meeting and event space, also features
36 holes of championship golf, six tennis courts, the 32,000-square-foot Spa at Camelback Inn, two swimming pools, and seven restaurants and lounges.
• The 183-room, full-service boutique Mountain Shadows hotel debuted last spring. Offerings include a lounge, a 5,000-square-foot fitness center, 12,500 square feet of indoor meeting space and 25,000 square feet of outdoor event space.
• Another notable venue in the Scottsdale area, the 496-room Talking Stick Resort,
reopened in fall 2018 after closing to repair damage from last summer’s monsoon season. The property has 36,793 square feet of event space.
• The 404-room Scottsdale Plaza Resort has unveiled the final improvements from a comprehensive, three-year refurbishment project. The most recent upgrades were made to the resort's 50,000 square feet of meeting
space, front desk and lobby. Guest rooms and suites were completed earlier in the project timeline.
Troon North Golf Club
's award-winning Monument course, designed by Tom Weiskopf, offers an upgraded design and resurfaced greens following a refurbishment completed last summer.
• The Ritz-Carlton, Paradise Valley, is slated to open in March 2019. The 200-room new-build property will have a 20,000-square-foot spa with indoor and outdoor treatment areas, what's billed as the largest outdoor pool in North
America, a garden with a citrus orchard, and 20,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
• Set to open this winter is the Hotel Adeline, with 213 guest rooms and nearly 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor private event space. The former Scottsdale Inn has undergone a $12 million renovation and will now offer a 3,000-square-foot,
zero-edge pool with a bar and cabanas, a full-service Mediterranean-American restaurant, and a casual breakfast and lunch café.
A Many-Splendored Venue
, Frank Lloyd Wright's beloved winter retreat, has long been one of Scottsdale's most popular attractions. The National Historic Landmark, established in 1937, also serves as the home of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and the School of Architecture at Taliesin.
Visitors can learn about the man and his storied home via tours for individuals and groups. Among the options are a signature tour that takes guests into Wright's private quarters, a night-lights tour, a garden tour that showcases desert plant life and a private tour that explores his vast art collection.
• The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, began a third phase of major enhancements last August. Renovations, which are set for completion this year, include the construction
of a new two-story athletic club and a redesign of the golf course, which will be reconfigured from 27 to 18 holes. The athletic club will offer a tennis center, a basketball court, an activity center with an arcade and a movie-screening area, a retail
shop and a 4,600-square-foot fitness center.
• The Royal Palms Resort and Spa has unveiled a major renovation of its 119 guest rooms and
public areas, including the pool and lounge area, event lawns and meeting space. The property became a member of the Unbound Collection by Hyatt in 2016.
• Downtown Scottdale's Hotel Valley Ho has completed an extensive revamp of the rooms and suites in its Tower, a hotel-within-a-hotel whose accommodations now feature midcentury-inspired lighting, décor, flooring and millwork. The boutique property has
a total of 194 guest rooms and six meeting rooms.
• The three presidential suites at the Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch are undergoing a redesign that will convert them into open-concept layouts with new artwork, textiles, bedding, furniture and a fresh color scheme. The resort includes 326 guest rooms, a spa, and 80,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space.
204-room Firesky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale's Old Town neighborhood has been renamed the Scott Resort & Spa. The property currently is in the midst of a $15 million upgrade of its guest rooms, suites and public spaces, including the resort's 14,000 square feet of meeting space. The pool area
also will be upgraded, with the addition of more cabanas, fire pits and new landscaping. All guest rooms — each featuring its own private outdoor patio or balcony -- will be refreshed with new furniture and redesigned bathrooms. The project is scheduled
for completion at the end of 2018.
• The 22-acre Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Spa opened in December 2016 with 201 bungalow-style guest rooms, a full-service spa and salon, and 46,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
Looking to Plan a Scottsdale Meeting?
Learn everything you need to know about this exotic locale at Destination Arizona
, Northstar’s premier event for meetings and incentive pros looking to book biz in the area.
• Meeting hotel properties
include the 750-room Fairmont Scottsdale Princess,
732-room Westin Kierland Resort & Spa,
493-room Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, 453-room JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, 404-room Scottsdale Plaza Resort and 326-room Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch. Also in the region is the 497-room Talking Stick Resort & Spa, operated by the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community.
• Downtown's Western Spirit: Scottsdale's Museum of the West showcases everything from Hopi pottery masterworks to rare posters starring silver-screen cowboys and Indians. Private events for up 500 guests can be accommodated. (480) 686-9539
• Dancing Spanish horses are the stars at the 15-acre El Samaritano Equestrian Center. The graceful animals perform their steps to flamenco music at the venue, which can host up to 2,000 guests. (206) 604-3034.
To find and compare hotels, and send RFPs, visit mcvenues.com.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, nine miles from downtown Scottsdale. Transfer cost to Scottsdale by taxi, $28
Room tax, 5%; sales tax, 5.5%; total tax on hotel rooms, 13.92% (includes 1.77% Maricopa County
transaction excise tax and 1.65% city of Scottsdale transaction tax)
Top 10 Scottsdale Restaurants
Dine at some of the best restaurants in the country while visiting the West's Most Western Town.
- Cafe Monarch - American
- Eddie V's Prime Seafood - Seafood
- Franco's Italian Caffe - Italian
- Steak 44 - Steakhouse
- The Capital Grille - American
- True Food Kitchen - American
- Craft 64 - Pizza
- Grassroots Kitchen and Tap - American
- Virtu - American
- Elements at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain - American
Contact: Experience Scottsdale, (480) 421-1004 or (800) 782-1117
Guest Rooms - 750
Meeting Rooms - 47
Largest Conference Room - 2,090 sq. ft.
Total event space - 156,000 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $331-$889
Guest Rooms - 453
Meeting Rooms - 27
Largest Conference Room - 19,968 sq. ft.
Total event space - 127,830 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $409-$629
Guest Rooms - 585
Meeting Rooms - 61
Largest Conference Room - 22,544 sq. ft.
Total event space - 109,000 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $430-$2,917