In this episode of Eventful, The Podcast for Meeting Professionals, we're talking with Brett Sterenson, president of Hotel Lobbyists, a 15-year-old site-selection firm that mostly focuses on government events. In the past couple of weeks, Sterenson has heard from clients far and wide — including many he hadn't spoken with during the pandemic — and his level of business on the books has ticked way up. But there are many Covid restrictions still in place for these meetings, and plenty of changes that need to be incorporated in event contracts going forward.
In our conversation, we cover:
• How the GSA's per-diem rate is helping government meetings stay competitive (6:20)
• Where government meetings are being placed (7:00)
• Which Covid protocols government meetings are paying the most attention to (9:30)
• Event contract changes that are here to stay (11:30)
• What the meetings volume for the rest of the year will be (17:30)
• The challenges of working with state governments (20:50)
Listen to the in-depth conversation in our latest episode of Eventful: The Podcast for Meeting Professionals, and remember to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts and anywhere else you listen to podcasts.
This episode is sponsored by