The Society for Incentive Excellence has announced its 2020 Crystal Awards, honoring programs from a Turkish adventure that delighted a pharmaceutical sales team to a group trip Down Under that was seamlessly transformed into a series of unique individual travel rewards. The Crystal Awards recognized outstanding incentive travel programs that took place both before (2019) and during (2020) the pandemic.
A new category, most creative solution deployed at a time of crisis, was introduced to celebrate travel professionals and their organizations "who display uncommon levels of innovation, creativity and ingenuity in identifying solutions for the continuation, deployment and implementation of incentive travel awards at a time of crisis."
Following is the full list of winners who were lauded for their excellent programs inn 2019 and 2020:
- Most creative solution deployed at a time of crisis: Creative Group, USA
- Best destination-based experiential incentive travel program: ODS Turkey
- Excellence in incentive travel, Africa/Middle East: Eshet Incentives & Conferences
- Excellence in incentive travel, Asia Pacific: Moniker
- Excellence in incentive travel, Europe: The Conference Room
- Excellence in incentive travel, Latin America & Caribbean: Colombia en Colores DMC
- Excellence in incentive travel, North America: Creative Group, Canada
- Most impactful effort toward corporate social responsibility as part of an incentive program: Amstar DMC
In a digital awards ceremony, SITE president Aoife Delaney, CIS, CITP, noted that this year marks the 40th anniversary of the Crystal Awards. "For four decades, SITE has championed excellence in the design, implementation and delivery of incentive travel programs," she said. "During that time we have weathered many storms, always returning stronger than ever. While these may be challenging times for our industry, our value proposition is stronger than ever and soon we will travel freely again! These wonderful winners prove the extraordinary value of a well-planned and executed incentive travel program. We salute them all."
Full details of the eight winning programs can be viewed here.