in partnership with
Reconvening for Recovery Live! at Mohegan Sun video highlights
Access the Recovery Resource Center
Northstar Meetings Group understands how important it is for us all to meet safely and smartly. That's why we recently partnered with Mohegan Sun and PSAV to produce Reconvening for Recovery,
a hybrid event bringing together 75 in-person meetings attendees and more than 1,000 virtual participants.
Meetings industry recovery will come with the continued application and implementation of processes and protocols designed to ensure the highest degree of safety and well-being . Northstars’ Recovery Resource Center,
based on the assets used to produce Reconvening for Recovery, provides a first-hand look at a comprehensive sample of education, templates, and other real-life “how to” tools to help planners produce successful meetings and events amid the COVID-19
Register here for free, instant access to the multimedia Recovery Resource Center including:
Full Event Video
Click here to access an on-demand recording of the entire Reconvening for Recovery event, including the
following education sessions and valuable insight from top meetings industry experts.
- HYBRID EVENT FACILITATION: A how-to discussion featuring Hope Holm, regional sales director, PSAV.
- NEW IMPERATIVES FOR MEETINGS: A panel discussion with Amy Calvert of the EIC;
Liz Warwick of Liberty Mutual;
Alison Kinsley of Kinsley Meetings; and Michael Dominguez of ALHI.
- PLAN FUTURE EVENTS EFFECTIVELY: John Washko, VP, expo and convention sales, Mohegan Sun, details how suppliers can best support planners during
this time to plan successful, future events.
- THE NEW LOGISTICS OF HYBRID EVENTS and how to successfully plan and carry one out: featuring Northstar's Angela Cox.
- CREATING A SUCCESSFUL SPORTS EVENT BUBBLE: HE NEW LOGISTICS OF HYBRID EVENTS:Michael Mazzulli, Mohegan Sun, Mike Kogan, MMA Bellator
- THE IN-PERSON EXPERIENCE: A walk-through of what attending an in-person meeting looks like today, led by Miss America 2020 Camille Schrier.
- BLENDING IN-PERSON & VIRTUAL EVENTS: Tips for engaging a live and virtual audience simultaneously.
- ESSENTIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE RETURN OF EXHIBITIONS: A discussion on safely reopening exhibitions featuring David Dubois,
president and CEO, International Association of Exhibitions and Events.
- WELLNESS: Wellbeing and healthy mindset tips and tricks with Heather Hansen O'Neill of Find Your Fire.
Safe Meetings Toolkit
Access a suite of forms, pamphlets, information and visual tools that you can implement at your
future in-person and hybrid meetings to better ensure the safety and surety of all parties and participants involved.
- PRESENTATION SLIDES: This library of slides is filled with tools and tips on producing an in-person event with digital components.
- SAFE MEETING SETUP: Review the diagrams and floor plans used at Reconvening for Recovery; each which takes physical distancing, safety protocols and capacity caps into consideration.
- LIABILITY WAIVER to share with hotel and venue partners, etc.
- CODE OF CONDUCT that can be adapted to your future programs.
- MODERN MENU: What does event f&b look like in the era of COVID-19? Review the menu from Reconvening for Recovery.
- EVENT SIGNAGE: Northstar equipped the event venue with safety signage (e.g. physical distance markings). Review and implement similar messages at your future meetings.
- LARGE MEETINGS ROADMAP: A roadmap, including diagrams, for groups of up to 1,000 attendees and how they can operate with social distancing measures in place.
Hybrid Meeting Image Gallery
The Recovery Resource Center grants you access to an entire gallery of images
that show and tell how we safely and successfully held Reconvening for Recovery at Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino in Mystic Country, CT. The gallery includes images displaying:
- Event signage regarding masks, physical distancing and sanitizing; along with where signage was posted throughout the venue.
- A visual of table spacing and seating arrangements during the event reception, education sessions, breakfast and lunch.
- A look at safe food service, preparation and presentation; including how Reconvening for Recovery's meals were presented (e.g. with shields) and food servers handled the production and serving of all meals.
- Event production set-up carried out by our partner PSAV (live streaming cameras, production table, etc.)
- Plexiglass trade show booth setup and how you can equip your future programs with the proper safety measures in place.
All of the resources necessary for moving forward with your own events can be found within the Recovery Resource Center.
All of the insight and firsthand experience that goes along with safely and effectively producing a blended in-person and virtual event can be found here.
Access the premier meetings industry Recovery Resource Center and take advantage of its assets as you begin planning future programs.