New & Coming Soon to Greater Palm Springs
Looking to Plan a Meeting in California?
Learn everything you need to know at Destination California
, Northstar's premier event for meetings and incentive pros looking to book business in the state.
• The 398-room Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs capped off its recent
rebrand and renovation with the
opening of the JWB Grill, the namesake eatery of James (Jimmy) William Buffett
and the resort’s signature restaurant. The property, minutes from downtown Palm
Springs, also features the 10,000-square-foot St. Somewhere Spa with more than
18 treatment rooms, and two pools with cabanas styled as tiki huts. More than
50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space includes three ballrooms.
• June 2021 saw groundbreaking ceremonies for the new $250 million Coachella Valley Arena, an 11,000-seat sports and entertainment venue expected to be fully operational by 2023. The arena will accommodate concerts, conventions, exhibitions, large meetings, international events and awards shows.
• The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is undergoing a renovation of all 512 guest rooms, which will sport new carpets, furniture and more upon completion this summer. The resort has more than 130,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including a 17,326-square-foot grand ballroom.
• The 884-room JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa has opened a new JW Entertainment Zone, where guests can play new and classic arcade games for prizes. The property’s Spa at Deserts Springs underwent a recent renovation, while guest rooms received new furnishings, carpet, expanded bathrooms and more.
• New water attractions have opened at the 530-room Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, allowing guests to enjoy a 450-foot lazy river, two 30-foot waterslides and seven new pools. Four dining outlets includes the Agave Sunset Bar & Lounge, while 88,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor event space are centered around the on-site Indian Wells Conference Center.
• Slated to open in 2022, the Agua Caliente Cultural Plaza will include an art gallery celebrating the history and culture of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, along with a still-to-be determined amount of event space. The venue’s planned luxury Spa at Sec-he, complete with tranquil gardens, will incorporate the ancient healing waters of the Agua Caliente Hot Mineral Spring.
More Meeting and Event Venues
• La Quinta recently welcomed the new SilverRock Event Site, which has 14 acres of walking paths, an event lawn, water features and a sustainable event building for groups of up to 60. The site also includes a stream with a lake, a stage area and space for future art installations.
• The Sonoran Palm Springs is a 38,000-square-foot outdoor event space in South Palm Springs that includes a pool, cabanas, a pool bar, fire pits and an expansive lawn. Guests enjoy monumental views of the San Jacinto Mountains and dramatic starlit evenings. The venue hosts private events, galas, film festivals and outdoor screenings, fashion shows, art and wine festivals, product and brand launches, conferences, conventions and more.
• In Indian Wells, the luxurious 215-room Miramonte Resort & Spa sits on 11 acres dotted with olive trees; citrus groves; and rose, herb and flower gardens, with the scenic Santa Rosa Mountains as a backdrop. The resort’s 18,000 square feet of meeting space accommodates up to 500 people, while the Well Spa is designed as a Tuscan villa with 13 treatment rooms, four outdoor cabanas with open-air showers, and two pools. The property currently is undergoing an $8 million renovation that will touch all guest rooms, food and beverage offerings, and outdoor spaces, with work set for completion in late 2021.
444-room Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage
offers an ideal retreat for groups in the Coachella Valley. Amenities include
five restaurants, 27 holes of championship golf, the 20,000-square foot Spa Las
Palmas with 26 treatment rooms, a 24-hour fitness center with Pelotons, a lazy
river, a cliffside hot tub and more. For meetings, the resort has 37,000 square
feet of indoor function space, including the 12,900-square-foot Las Palmas
Ballroom. There is an additional 45,000 square feet of outdoor function space,
which includes the 10,000-square-foot Starlight Terrace. All facilities follow
CDC-certified enhanced cleaning procedures.