New & Coming Soon to Greater Palm Springs
Looking to Plan a Meeting in California?
Learn everything you need to know at Destination West
, Northstar's premier event for meetings and incentive pros looking to book business in the state.
• Sensai Porcupine Creek,
a new wellness resort on 230 acres in Rancho Mirage, is set to pen in late 2022. The
former estate of Larry Elison, business magnate and co-founder of Oracle, will have 22 rooms and suites, meeting space for small
gatherings, lush spa gardens, tennis and a Nobu restaurant exclusively for
• The 66-room Paloma Resort, a full-service property in Cathedral City that began as a date grove in the 1930s and then became a beauty resort founded by the Elizabeth Arden Corp., has debuted. The Paloma offers an outdoor pool and garden, a restaurant and lounge, spa services, and event facilities for small to midsize corporate and social events.
Visit Greater Palm Springs has launched the new digital Wellness
Pass as a guide to some of the destination’s best facilities for fostering
well-being, including spas, and often featuring special deals ranging from
discounts on fitness classes to complimentary spa treatments and add-ons.
Participating spas and wellness facilities include the new Azure Palm Hot
Springs Resort, the newly renovated Well Spa at Miramonte Resort and the Agua
Caliente Casino Spa Rancho Mirage.
• Opening in late 2022 in Palm Springs is the Spa at Sec-he, which aims to be one of the most luxurious hot-springs spas in the U.S. The waters will be sourced directly from the underground Agua Caliente Hot Mineral Spring. The facility will be a part of the new Agua Caliente Cultural Plaza, which will feature gardens, an oasis trail, a plaza for gatherings and myriad other spaces for meetings, private events and team building.
• In Downtown Palm Springs, the Thompson Palm Springs will join Hyatt’s luxury lifestyle portfolio upon completion in late 2022. The property will have 164 guest rooms and suites with panoramic views of the San Jacinto Mountains, along with two outdoor pools, gardens, lounge areas, and meeting space for small and large groups.
• The 398-room Margaritaville Resort Palm Springs capped off its recent
rebrand and renovation with the
opening of the JWB Grill, the namesake eatery of James (Jimmy) William Buffett
and the resort’s signature restaurant. The property, minutes from downtown Palm
Springs, also features the 10,000-square-foot St. Somewhere Spa with more than
18 treatment rooms, and two pools with cabanas styled as tiki huts. More than
50,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space includes three ballrooms.
On 43 acres near Palm Desert, the new 11,000-capacity Acrisure Arena is
nearing completion, readying for an opening in late 2022. Designed for hockey
and live concerts, the facility will have all the amenities of a modern music
and sports venue, plus meeting and exhibit space.
• The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is undergoing a renovation of all 512 guest rooms, which will sport new carpets, furniture and more upon completion this summer. The resort has more than 130,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including a 17,326-square-foot grand ballroom.
• The 884-room JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa has opened a new JW Entertainment Zone, where guests can play new and classic arcade games for prizes. The property’s Spa at Deserts Springs underwent a recent renovation, while guest rooms received new furnishings, carpet, expanded bathrooms and more.
• New water attractions have opened at the 530-room Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa, allowing guests to enjoy a 450-foot lazy river, two 30-foot waterslides and seven new pools. The resort's
new 1,100-square-foot Hollywood Terrace Suite can host private events and parties. The suite has a
customizable bar, full-sized refrigerator and an 800-square-foot private
outdoor lounge that offers panoramic views of the property set against a desert
backdrop of mountains and palm trees.
The resort offers
88,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor event space centered around the on-site Indian Wells Conference Center.
• Slated to open in 2022, the Agua Caliente Cultural Plaza will include an art gallery celebrating the history and culture of the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians, along with a still-to-be determined amount of event space. The venue’s planned luxury Spa at Sec-he, complete with tranquil gardens, will incorporate the ancient healing waters of the Agua Caliente Hot Mineral Spring.
More Meeting and Event Venues
• In downtown Palm Springs, the Palm Springs Convention
Center can accommodate groups of up to 12,000 people in a variety of settings,
including a 20,000-square-foot ballroom, with additional meeting space
available at the attached 410-room Renaissance Hotel. A new video
presents the facility in all its
• The 129-room Homewood Suites by Hilton – La Quinta includes
a fitness center, a heated outdoor pool and a spa. A total of 4,800 square feet
of on-site meeting space is spread among three meeting rooms, the largest of
which spans 1,356 square feet.
• At the northeast end of the Coachella Valley, Metate Ranch can host groups of up to 500 attendees within 800 acres that offer pristine desert landscapes, including palm oases, narrow-slot canyons and more. Corporate gatherings, open-air concerts, Jeep tours, hiking and team-building programs are just some of the activities that can be arranged.
• There’s more than the sport of kings to enjoy at the
Empire Polo Club.
The Indio venue also serves as a premier event facility, drawing clients such as the
Coachella Music & Arts Festival and the Kennel Club of Palm Springs Dog
Show year after year. The club can handle groups of all sizes, from intimate
rose-garden cocktails for 15 VIPs to gatherings for up to 90,000 people on the
expansive grass polo fields. Indoor galas can be held in elegant spaces found
at the Forum and the Hacienda del Toro.
• La Quinta recently welcomed the new SilverRock Event Site, which has 14 acres of walking paths, an event lawn, water features and a sustainable event building for groups of up to 60. The site also includes a stream with a lake, a stage area and space for future art installations.
• The Sonoran Palm Springs is a 38,000-square-foot outdoor event space in South Palm Springs that includes a pool, cabanas, a pool bar, fire pits and an expansive lawn. Guests enjoy monumental views of the San Jacinto Mountains and dramatic starlit evenings. The venue hosts private events, galas, film festivals and outdoor screenings, fashion shows, art and wine festivals, product and brand launches, conferences, conventions and more.
• In Indian Wells, the luxurious 215-room Miramonte Resort & Spa sits on 11 acres dotted with olive trees; citrus groves; and rose, herb and flower gardens, with the scenic Santa Rosa Mountains as a backdrop. The resort’s 18,000 square feet of meeting space accommodates up to 500 people, while the Well Spa is designed as a Tuscan villa with 13 treatment rooms, four outdoor cabanas with open-air showers, and two pools. The property currently is undergoing an $8 million renovation that will touch all guest rooms, food and beverage offerings, and outdoor spaces, with work set for completion in late 2021.
444-room Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage
offers an ideal retreat for groups in the Coachella Valley. Amenities include
five restaurants, 27 holes of championship golf, the 20,000-square foot Spa Las
Palmas with 26 treatment rooms, a 24-hour fitness center with Pelotons, a lazy
river, a cliffside hot tub and more. For meetings, the resort has 37,000 square
feet of indoor function space, including the 12,900-square-foot Las Palmas
Ballroom. There is an additional 45,000 square feet of outdoor function space,
which includes the 10,000-square-foot Starlight Terrace. All facilities follow
CDC-certified enhanced cleaning procedures.