Yucatán is a state with the perfect combination of a splendorous past and constant modernization, always growing and evolving – that is why it keeps its status as a preferred destination for the meetings industry, but did you know it is also ideal for incentives and other types of group tourism?
Yucatán not only has a privileged location in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, but it’s also an ideal destination for any event that requires cultural and historical attractions, alongside the services and modernity of a big city.
Due to this, we know Yucatán has a vast offer of beautiful destinations to choose for your next incentive trip, including:
• Hacienda Mucuyché: A hacienda from the 17th century, it was at its peak during the henequen “boom.” After the boom, the hacienda closed and has been recently reopened, so it is preserved almost in its original state. The tour is approximately 2 hours long, and includes walking through the old hacienda and swimming on the two cenotes, including the one where Empress Carlota swam.
• Destino Mío: In the depths of the jungle, you will find a luxurious oasis called Destino Mío. This beautiful lodging has suites designed so you can experience the Mayan jungle to the fullest, with all of its rooms constructed with local supplies. They offer activities such as meditation, yoga, bike riding, and an ATV tour that takes you to three cenotes and ends up at a gorgeous lookout post.
• Hacienda Uxmal: Go behind the wheel of a Vintage Land Rover and tour the Mayaland orchard, where you can find delicious fruits and vegetables grown organically. Take a tour through Hacienda Uxmal, founded in the 17th century, and learn the history about the discovery of Uxmal. Finish the day at the lookout post, where you will be able to glimpse the Pyramid of the Magician rising above the trees, just like it used to look during the 19th century expeditions.
• Sotuta de Peón: Learn how henequen became a source of prosperity for the landowners of the Yucatan Peninsula — Sotuta de Peón offers you the sensation of traveling through time to the splendor of the haciendas of Yucatan through its henequen tour, where you can visit the entire Hacienda, from the main house to the machine houses. Sotuta also has wellness experiences, including temazcal, massage therapy, visits to its orchard, exciting ATV tours and horse riding.
• Chablé: With options like Wellness Retreats, Wellness Golf, beekeeping tours, bike riding, cacao experiences, and honey and tequila tasting, this hotel is perfect to relax. They also offer activities for kids, where they can learn local myths, explore the Mayan nature and let their creativity shine with pottery, astronomy, cooking or theater workshops.
• Xcanatún: Xcanatún offers you unique experiences, such as the Hacienda Ecotour: a guided tour where you can learn about the flora the Mayans used to eat, to paint, and to heal. You can also observe iguanas, storks, squirrels, colorful birds and the hacienda’s own family of coatis. The hacienda also has cooking classes, tequila, mezcal, wine and artisanal beer tastings, and the Angsana bathhouse.
• Zazil Tunich: A unique experience in Yucatán — descend 20 meters and “travel” to the Mayan Underworld, known as Xibalbá, through a cenote/cavern. Celebrate a Mayan ceremony and learn about the ancestral Mayan culture. Enjoy Zazil Tunich’s sacred waters, and discover why it has been awarded as one of the best new places to visit.
This only presents a glimpse into the true dimension of what The Mayan World Capital actually has to offer. We are sure this will entice you to actually visit and take a deep dive into the unique atmosphere that is only lived in our beautiful state. Welcome to Yucatán. Learn more.