Working on in-person meetings these days, event professionals have had to spend considerable time ensuring the safety and health of their attendees. To help share these additional responsibilities, the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board has partnered with CLEAR, creator of the CLEAR Health Pass, to give attendees an easy way to verify a range of health information, including Covid test results, vaccination status and more. This turnkey solution helps planners ensure their L.A. events are in compliance with the latest protocols and lets attendees know their health is being taken seriously.
In this custom episode of Eventful: The Podcast for Meeting Professionals, we speak with Darren K. Green (pictured left), chief sales officer for the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, and Jerome Pickett (pictured right), senior vice president and general manager of sports and entertainment for CLEAR, about this partnership. Among the topics discussed:
• How CLEAR has evolved in the last year to meet the shifting needs of meetings and events (3:45)
• How its partnership with Los Angeles Tourism helps meeting planners get their attendees to comply with health protocols (7:30)
• How this approach to attendee health can be applied to events both large and small (10:00)
• How to mitigate the challenges presented by shifting restrictions and requirements for in-person gatherings, in Los Angeles and elsewhere (11:15)
• How meeting planners' priorities around health and compliance have changed recently (14:00)
• What's next for meeting safety (18:30)
Listen to the in-depth conversation in our latest episode of Eventful: The Podcast for Meeting Professionals, and remember to subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts and anywhere else you listen to podcasts.
This podcast was created in partnership with Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board.