Traditional presentations generally are too long and too dull, and simply fail to hold an audience’s attention. It takes a little creativity — and lot less time — to effectively capture and engage an audience, according to Scott Steinberg, a global consultant, speaker and futurist. Listen to his conversation with Northstar’s Loren Edelstein to learn how to surprise, delight and educate meeting attendees in 15-minute increments.
Listeners will learn:
• Why our attention spans are shorter than ever (2:30)
• How to design presentations that are shorter, highly engaging and memorable (3:20)
• How to compress content and add elements of surprise to engage virtual attendees (8:00)
• The importance of storytelling — even if those stories aren't true (9:25)
• How to coach speakers to break out of traditional presentation styles (10:30)
• Ways to break down a longer presentation into short segments (13:00)
• Which questions to ask when hiring a speaker (14:20)
• Other ways to incorporate speakers and thought leaders during your program (17:00)
• How to use the "Pop Future" method to make complex concepts simple, fun and attainable (18:25)
• How to think like a futurist (23:20)
• Why the future of meetings looks bright — and hybrid (25:20)
Listen to the in-depth conversation in our latest episode of Eventful: The Podcast for Meeting Professionals, and remember to subscribe on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts and anywhere else you listen to podcasts.
This episode is sponsored by: