While most sectors in the travel industry are enjoying a resurgence compared with the doldrums of the pandemic, some still lag behind, depending on which metric is used. Northstar Travel Group's editorial leaders share what they are seeing in the business travel, leisure, sports and meetings sectors going into spring. Their insights touch on supplier/advisor revenue, trip volume, hotel occupancy or other metrics.
The Travel Talk panelists also share how recent rounds of layoffs and concerns about a potential recession might impact travel companies and buyers' choices around booking.
Our panel is made up of:
- Moderator Mary Pat Sullivan, executive vice president of marketing for Northstar Travel Group
- Rebecca Tobin, managing editor, Travel Weekly
- Eric Bowman, executive editor, TravelPulse
- Kenneth Shapiro, publisher and editor in chief, TravelAge West
- Jason Gewirtz, vice president, Sports Division, and executive editor and publisher for SportsTravel
- Elizabeth West, editorial director, BTN Group
- Loren Edelstein, vice president and content director, Northstar Meetings Group
- Mitra Sorrells, editor in chief, PhocusWire
Watch the video above to learn how travel is faring in these sector.