Meet at Destination West in Arizona
On Oct.28, the 331-room Wigwam Resort in outside Phoenix will welcome highly qualified meeting planners and top meetings industry suppliers from across the western U.S. for Destination West in Arizona. The hosted-buyer event from Northstar Meetings Group targets planners looking to book business in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
As host to one of Northstar's first in-person events since the pandemic hit, the Wigwam is working together with NMG to produce Destination West in Arizona in accordance with the most up-to-date guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and federal, state and local authorities.
Earlier this month, the resort achieved GBAC STAR facility accreditation from the Global Biorisk Advisory Council, a division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, to prevent and respond to outbreaks. While the resort continues to encourage all staff and guests to continue taking precautions -- including wearing masks, frequently washing hands, social distancing, and covering coughs and sneezes -- they have also implemented the following protocols under the Wigwam Cares Wellness policy.
- Cleaning staff is using peroxide-based cleaners that are effective against virus particles.
- Team members remain in constant communication to reinforce sanitization procedures in both guest-facing and back-of-house areas.
- High-traffic areas are being cleaned more frequently.
- All departments have implemented hand-washing and sanitizing procedures that take place multiple times a day.
- All team members are prohibited from reporting to work if they are experiencing a respiratory illness.
- All team members must get their temperatures checked before every shift.
- If at any point a guest feels ill, the resort encourages them to stay in their rooms and contact the front desk immediately.
- Resort staff is trained to inform ill guests of their options and implement the proper steps to ensure everyone's safety.
Guests can also expect the resort's new SWAT (Sanitation and Wellness Awareness Team) to be a friendly and helpful resource and provide a peace of mind during their stay.
Meetings at the Wigwam
Attendees of Destination West in Arizona can expect to take advantage of the Wigwam's wide-open spaces and 32,012 square feet of event space during the conference, which will include prescheduled, one-on-one appointments with industry suppliers, education sessions and various networking events. During the two-day gathering:
- All employees will be wearing masks, and will wash and sanitize their hands before and after interacting with each Destination West attendee.
- Seating capacities and event floor plans have been reconfigured to abide by social distancing.
- All tables, chairs and surfaces will be cleaned before and after event sessions following recommendations from the CDC and WHO.
- All shared equipment and meeting amenities will be properly sanitized before and after each use or will be single-use only.
New safety measures for dining and event catering have also been put in place during this time.
- Sneeze guards are being used at all food presentation stations.
- Flatware will be provided as a roll-up or prepackaged plasticware.
- All team members have completed the ServSafe Training from the U.S. National Restaurant Association.
- All guests will be asked to wear a mask while walking around shared dining spaces. Masks can be removed once seated at a table.
- All menus will be used once and thrown out.
- Digital menus also will be available.
Amenities at Wigwam Resort
Destination West in Arizona attendees are sure to enjoy a packed schedule, but the two-day agenda does feature some free time for a spa appointment or to sit by the pool. All amenities are open and operating with certain restrictions during this time. The following precautions have been instituted:
- A wristband is required to access the pool areas.
- Lounge chairs have been reconfigured to allow for social distancing.
- All guests are asked to wear a mask while walking around the pool areas. A mask is not required while in the pool or while seated at a lounge chair.
- No groups of more than 10 are allowed to congregate.
- Guests are asked to limit their time at the pool.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the pool area.
LeMond's Aveda Salon & Spa
- Services are available by appointment only.
- All staff and all guests are required to wear masks.
- A temperature check is required upon entering the salon.
- All guests must sign a health waiver.
- A face mask is required at all times.
- All patrons are asked to remain 6 feet from others at all times.
- The fitness center is limited to six guests maximum at one time.
- Guests must limit their fitness center time to 45 minutes.
For more information regarding the resort's current health and safety protocols and operations, visit the Wigwam Resort website. To apply to attend Destination West in Arizona, taking place Oct. 28-30, register here.