New and Coming Soon to The Palm Beaches
New meetings promotions from Discover The Palm Beaches aim to provide financial support for events in the destination. The program, involving the Palm Beach County Convention Center and hotels within the West Palm Beach Convention, Arts and Entertainment District, include the following offerings:
- Complimentary WiFi at the center and in hotel guest rooms
- Up to $15,000 in credit for event-technology providers to support hybrid and/or in-person tech requirements
- Complimentary outdoor reception space
- Up to $35,000 for a hosted reception to offset F&B or décor
- Complimentary transfers for attendees from Palm Beach International Airport
- Complimentary transportation to and from contract hotels to the convention center
• The Palm Beaches has entered into partnerships with companies like SafeExpo to arrange health screenings, provide updated COVID-19 information to attendees, promote the use of UV technology-enabled sanitizing walk-through arches and more. Palm Beach International Airport, the Palm Beach County Convention Center and many other venues regularly undergo a rigorous 20-step training and implementation process in accordance with GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation guidelines.
• Opening early in 2022 is the 150-room Banyan Cay Resort & Golf on 250 acres in the middle of West Palm Beach. The property will feature a 5,000-square-foot spa, a pool with cabanas, an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course (already open), a restaurant and meeting space able to accommodate groups of up to 200 people, including the 4,560-square-foot Banyan Ballroom and the 2,940-square-foot Banyan Terrace.
• Built in 1924, the White Elephant Palm Beach recently completed an extensive renovation that included new hardwood floors, tile work and woven rugs, all in the soft-neutral colors emblematic of the area. The hotel has 32 guest rooms, including 19 suites, two of which are penthouse suites; an outdoor pool and garden area; a meeting room for 30 attendees and the beach right across the street.
• Coming in summer 2021 is the new 155-room luxury Amrit Ocean Resort & Spa, set on nearly eight acres of oceanfront on Palm Beach County's Singer Island. The resort's room count includes 34 wellness suites with ocean views, and an on-site spa will include a variety of therapies and treatments, plus hydrothermal experiences, a hammam, several pools and more. Dining options will include a farm-to-table restaurant with ocean views and a casual bistro. For meetings, the property is dedicating 12,000 square feet that includes a 4,300-square-foot ballroom for up to 350 guests.
• Tropical modernism — environmentally-friendly living walls, a rooftop garden and large-scale sculptures — is the design ethos at the new Ray Hotel, part of the Curio Collection by Hilton. The hotel, opening in summer 2021, is in the heart of downtown Delray Beach's Pineapple Grove Arts District. The property will have 141 guest rooms, each with a balcony; four food-and-beverage options; a full-service fitness center and more. The roof's 20,000-square-foot pool deck with restaurant and bar can be booked for private events of up to 458 guests.
• The 90-room Colony Palm Beach Hotel completed a renovation in January 2021 that included a revamp of the lobby (now called the Living Room), dining room and more. With its famous pink facade, this landmark 1947 property, just steps from the beach, offers guests their own beach butler, paddle boarding, convenient access to golf and tennis, and 4,534 square feet of meeting space.
More Meeting and Event Venues
The 400-room Hilton West Palm Beach is that city's convention
center headquarter hotel, connected to same by a covered walkway and adjacent
to all the shopping and dining at Rosemary Square. For dining, the property
includes the Galley grill house/bar, La Playa poolside bar and grill, the
signature Manor restaurant for breakfast and lunch, and the Provisions
grab-and-go marketplace. Also on-site is a resort-style pool with poolside
cabanas. Among the 31,066 square feet of total event space are 10 meeting
rooms, the largest of which spans 13,366 square feet.
• Amenities such as a private beach, four oceanfront pools and 10 on-site restaurants help make The Breakers in Palm Beach a prime go-to spot for high-end meetings. The 540-room resort has a total of 48,387 square feet for gatherings spread among 20 meeting rooms, the largest of which spans 15,000 square feet. Here too is Florida's oldest golf course, the fabled Ocean Course at The Breakers, whose original outlines date from 1897 and which received its latest update (by Rees Jones) in 2018.
• The Pavilion Grille in Boca Raton offers indoor fountains, natural palm trees and a 2,500-square-foot canopy-covered dance floor for up to 240 guests, while up to 60 people can gather in the Grille Room for a corporate conclave or dining experience.
• The 352-room West Palm Beach Marriott has 19,337 square feet of meeting space, a 24/7 fitness center, dining at the American-style Bistro Ten Zero One, a posh swimming pool and a great location — directly across from the Palm Beach Convention Center and just steps from vibrant Rosemary Square (see "Things to Do" section below).
• When the agenda requires a strong element of fun, Museum 66 in Boynton Beach has all the fixings. This muscle-car museum/classic pinball arcade has 7,000 square feet of event space and an open-warehouse vibe for up to 200 guests.