Looking to Plan a South Florida Meeting?
Learn everything you need to know about this sunny locale at Destination Southeast
, Northstar's premier event for meetings and incentive pros looking to book biz in the area.
New & Coming Soon to Greater Fort Lauderdale
• More than 1,000 hotels, tourist attractions, restaurants and businesses throughout
the city and county are taking Visit Lauderdale’s Safe + Clean Pledge,
which provides a unified message that health and safety standards, and
protection against the spread of COVID-19, are a top priority.
Visit Lauderdale and its meetings team put the safety and health of
attendees and event suppliers as its top priority.
A South Florida icon for more than 50 years, the
Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina
is undergoing a thorough transformation that will result in 376
guest rooms, suites and villas; a multi-level pool experience with family and
adult areas; a new lobby lounge; a spa; a fitness center; a marina promenade,
and more than 40,000 square feet of meeting and event options. The property,
officially closed for the work, is expected to be completed in 2022, while the
marina remains open.
trio of AC Hotels by Marriott are coming to Greater Fort Lauderdale in 2021. The
171-room AC Hotel by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach, just steps away from Sebastian
Street Beach, will feature an open kitchen for European‐style
breakfast and specialty culinary events, a library, an expansive resort‐style
pool with cabanas and dining services, and approximately 1,000 square feet of
meeting space. Every room will have water views overlooking either the Atlantic
Ocean or the Intracoastal Waterway. The
AC Hotel Fort Lauderdale Airport will open at the Dania Pointe
shopping, dining and lifestyle center in Dania Beach. The city’s famed beach
and fishing pier are nearby, and the site is just three miles from Fort
Lauderdale‐Hollywood International Airport. The 174-room AC Hotel by Marriott Sawgrass Mills,
adjacent to the Sawgrass Mills outlet shopping and includes an
arts‐focused library, a lounge with a tapas‐style menu and craft beers
and cocktails, a health and fitness center, a rooftop restaurant and
2,500 square feet of meeting space.
• The 101-room Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Boca
Raton-Deerfield Beach opened in late 2020.
• The 137-room Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Downtown has opened with two meeting rooms and an
outdoor rooftop pool. The hotel is in the city’s trendy arts-oriented Flagler
The 141-room, 12-story Hotel Maren Fort Lauderdale
Beach, a Curio Collection by Hilton property, has debuted. Celebrity chef Fabio Viviani has introduced the signature
restaurant Riviera on the hotel’s lobby level, with outside ocean-view seating.
The pool deck and pool bar provide indoor/outdoor event options.
The Hyatt Centric Las Olas, Fort
opened in April 2020 with 238 guest rooms offering city-skyline views. The hotel has
15,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space. For dining, the
lobby-level Harborwood Urban Kitchen and Bar serves classic modern American
cuisine from a kitchen helmed by award-winning executive chef Greg McGowan,
while on the rooftop, Elev8 has a pool deck and bar overlooking downtown.
Beat The Heat
Northstar's downloadable white paper, "The Off-Season Advantage", profiles 10 U.S. cities -- Fort Lauderdale included -- and their off-season group offerings. Get all the insight on the benefit of planning a "slow-month" meeting by accessing your copy here
A $1 billion expansion of the Greater Fort
Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center is underway. The project will add 532,000 square feet of meeting space and an
800-room headquarters hotel. Phase one is set to open in fall 2021 with
expanded exhibit space; upon completion, the venue will span a total of 1.2 million
square feet, including 350,000 square feet of contiguous exhibit space (up from
262,198 square feet) and a 65,000-square-foot waterfront ballroom, plus new
original dining concepts, enhanced water-taxi service and a new expansive
waterfront plaza with public access.
• The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino debuted a $1.5 billion
property-wide expansion on October 24, 2019. The property now sports an iconic guitar-shaped hotel tower, increasing the number of guest rooms to more than 1,200. In addition, the casino has double in size to hold more than 3,000 slot machines
and nearly 200 table games, plus a new poker room. A newly rebuilt Hard Rock Live entertainment venue, new food-and-beverage venues, 120,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, and a 41,000-square-foot spa round out the list of amenities.
• Now open to downtown Fort Lauderdale’s Flagler Village is the dual-branded Tru by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton. Rising 19 stories, the hotel offers two distinctive lobbies, each with its own breakfast bar, lounge and other brand-specific amenities; other features include an outdoor pool deck with bar, a fitness
center and 4,823 square feet of private event and conference space. Accommodations will include 112 Tru guest rooms and 106 Home2 Suites guest rooms.
More Event Venues
• A hub for local galleries, studios and other creative businesses, Flagler Arts and Technology Village (FATVillage) lies within the heart of Fort Lauderdale's Arts District. Choose from one of two repurposed warehouses: The Projects, spanning 8,000 square feet, and Building 517, with 6,800 square feet for gatherings. Another option is the Artsup Building, with 5,880 square feet of indoor space crowned by an artwork-embellished ceiling, the indoor Far Gallery and an outdoor courtyard. Furniture, artwork and lighting rentals are available for an even more unique touch.
• The Bamboo Gallery offers a tropical setting with authentic tiki huts and waterfalls. On 2.5 acres of lush landscape, the venue accommodates 400 people for receptions and up to 180 for seated meals.
• On two floors and accommodating groups of 3,000 guests, the Museum of Discovery and Science features more than 200 interactive exhibits. Displays include live animal habitats, flight simulators, a Wall of Wind hurricane exhibit, a Florida ecoscapes exhibit and an airboat ride simulator.
• Take to the water in style aboard an Anticipation Yacht Charters luxury vessel; the largest of the outfit's three vessels can host 350 guests. The ships offer state-of-the-art sound systems, plush carpeting and elegant furnishings.
• The Mary N. Porter Riverview Ballroom, in the Huizenga Pavilion at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, has breathtaking views of the New River, Esplanade Park and the meticulously landscaped Wendt Terraces. The venue offers 3,600 square feet of event space.