New & Coming Soon to Ocean City
• Developers have proposed to build a Margaritaville Hotel and Resort on Ocean City's Boardwalk. Plans call for a 265-room property that will include three restaurants, three outdoor pools, a fitness center and 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
• As autumn approaches, Ocean City's CVB is promoting it's “Easy
Drive To Destination” campaign for fall meetings. The promotion highlights the destination's tasty seasonal foods, great shopping, variety of entertainment options and 17
championship golf courses.
More Meeting & Event Venues in Ocean City
• The 250,000-square-foot Roland E. Powell Convention Center offers 75,000 square feet of exhibit space, a 19,126 square-foot Bayfront Ballroom, 15,000 square-foot Bayfront gallery, 21 meeting rooms, two executive boardrooms and a 1,200-seat Performing Arts Center.
• The Cambria Hotel Ocean City – Bayfront, located near the boardwalk, is a stylishly furnished property with an outdoor pool, business center, tiki bar, poolside cabanas and more than 2,400 square feet of meeting and event space.
• For a relaxed vibe near the beach, groups can consider a visit to Fager’s Island, which is home to the award-winning Fager’s Island Restaurant and Bar. The venue has lots of outdoor seating and serves a sophisticated menu of American and Pacific Rim cuisine.
• Fresh seafood and Angus beef are among the specialties at Harbor Watch Restaurant, which is located on the southern end of the Ocean City boardwalk. The venue offers banquet menus and space for up to 250 guests for private events.
• Groups can savor a variety of noteworthy wines at the Windmill Creek Vineyard, which serves reds, whites and a new line of fruit wine. The venue also offers fine dining at its Mariner House restaurant and frequently hosts live musical performances.
Sports Venues in Ocean City
• The Roland E. Powell Convention Center can accommodate a full range of indoor sporting events, while the Performing Arts Center can host a variety of events including cheer and dance competitions, and award ceremonies.
• Northside Park, Ocean City’s largest and most popular park facility, is located just 11 miles from the Roland E. Powell Convention Center. The 58-acre complex is well-suited for sporting activities, thanks to its impressive array of facilities, which include walking and jogging paths, three lighted softball/baseball fields, a lighted soccer field, a multipurpose sports field and even a fishing lagoon. Concession stands, two piers and a gazebo add to the venue’s appeal. Groups can also make use of a 14,200-square-foot gymnasium, complete with kitchen, community room, conference room and a sports annex with a 21,000-square-foot arena.
Additional public parks with sports facilities include John Walter Smith
has basketball, tennis and pickleball courts as well as an 18-hole disc golf
course, and Newton
Park, which has
baseball, softball and baseball fields, a walking and mountain bike trail and
• The Ocean City Tennis Center can host a number of tennis activities, including tournaments.
• With 17 championship golf courses surrounded by beautiful landscapes and water views, Ocean City is well-equipped to hold golf tournaments of any size. The destination
is also home to several miniature golf courses.
• Skateboarders of all ages and skill levels will find lots to like at the Ocean Bowl Skate Park, which is billed as the oldest operating municipal skate park in the United States.The 17,000-square-foot, concrete-based park features an innovative, 13,000-square-foot open concrete street course, complete with hit walls, hips and a small bowl.
• The nearby town of Berlin is home to a popular facility for sports enthusiasts: the Northern Worcester Atlantic Complex, which has multiple baseball, softball and multipurpose fields as well as walking trails, a pavilion with grills and a concession stand.