New & Coming Soon to Ocean City
• Next month, the Roland E. Powell Convention Center will unveil a stunning 15,000-square-foot gallery that's the centerpiece of the venue's extensive expansion and renovation project. The center is also home to Ocean City's newest entertainment and event venue, the Performing Arts Center. The 1,200-seat facility, which hosts concerts, dance performances and theater performances, provides an impressive setting for private group events.
• Developers have proposed to build a Margaritaville Hotel and Resort on Ocean City's Boardwalk. Plans call for a 265-room property that will include three restaurants, three outdoor pools, a fitness center and 14,000 square feet of meeting and event space.
More Meeting & Event Venues in Ocean City
• For meeting space with easy access to live entertainment,
dining and gaming, the Ocean Downs Casino, located
in the nearby town of Berlin, is an ideal option. In addition to an event
center for meetings and other private gatherings, the facility has four food-and-beverage
outlets and a 70,000-square-foot casino with table games, video poker and more
than 850 slot machines. Guests can also make use of a free casino shuttle bus
to neighboring hotels.
• Picturesque, waterfront views and a lively ambiance are
among the selling points of Macky’s Bayside Bar & Grill, which offers indoor and outdoor dining and a menu with
local favorites including chicken Chesapeake and Maryland-style jumbo lump crab
cakes. Popular theme night events include karaoke, live DJs and a Friday “beach
bash.” The venue hosts private events from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
• The Art League of Ocean City Center for the Arts features a two-story gallery, a pottery studio, art library and five working artist studios. The work of regional and local artists is the focus of the exhibits here; private events are accommodated.
• The Restaurant at Lighthouse Sound offers breathtaking views of the
Assawoman Bay as well as the Ocean City Skyline. Groups of up to 200 guests are accommodated.
Among Ocean City’s meetings hotels is the Princess Royale Oceanfront Resort. The hotel offers a spa, an Olympic-sized
indoor swimming pool, 10 meeting rooms and two outdoor event spaces.
• Head to Seacrets
Distilling Company to sample the venue’s eponymous small-batch spirits.
Guided group tours that trace the history of the prohibition era, followed by a
tasting in the appropriately named Speakeasy Tasting Room, can be arranged. The
distillery accommodates 40 for seated private events.
Sports Venues in Ocean City
• The Roland E. Powell Convention Center can accommodate a full range of indoor sporting events, while the Performing Arts Center can host a variety of events including cheer and dance competitions, and award ceremonies.
• Northside Park, Ocean City’s largest and most popular park facility, is located just 11 miles from the Roland E. Powell Convention Center. The 58-acre complex is well-suited for sporting activities, thanks to its impressive array of facilities, which include walking and jogging paths, three lighted softball/baseball fields, a lighted soccer field, a multipurpose sports field and even a fishing lagoon. Concession stands, two piers and a gazebo add to the venue’s appeal. Groups can also make use of a 14,200-square-foot gymnasium, complete with kitchen, community room, conference room and a sports annex with a 21,000-square-foot arena.
• The Ocean City Tennis Center can host a number of tennis activities, including tournaments.
• With 17 championship golf courses surrounded by beautiful landscapes and water views, Ocean City is well-equipped to hold golf tournaments of any size.