Venue Additions & Renovations
• Plenty of new guest rooms are coming to the city in hotels of every stripe. Last December, the 281-room Roomers Munich, an Autograph Collection by Marriott property, debuted in the city's Westend with about 6,500 square feet of meeting space, Izakaya Asian Kitchen & Bar, and two signature watering holes, Roomers Bar and the Hidden Room.
• Next year the versatile Motorworld Munich drives in with a motor-sports-themed hotel, various F&B outlets and even a car dealership.
• Opening in 2021 is the 341-room Karl Munich, which promises high-end modern design and intimate gathering spaces. Further out is the 132-room Rosewood Munich, debuting in 2023, being created from two historical buildings: the former State Bank of Bavaria headquarters and the Palais Neuhaus-Preysing, a former residence. On site will be a lobby lounge and two eateries, a full-service spa and event space for up to 400 guests.
Things to Do in Munich, Germany
• The exhibits at the BMW Museum, BMW Welt and BMW Group Classic facilities focus on the history and development of this iconic brand. Events for up to 1,000 attendees are welcome at the three locations, each featuring a variety of meeting spaces and high-tech accoutrements.
• This year marks the 100th anniversary of the founding of Germany's legendary State Bauhaus School of art and design in Weimar. The school was closed by the National Socialists in 1933, but its influence still looms large. South of Munich in Jena, the Auerbach House is the first private home designed by the movement's founder, architect Walter Gropius. It's well worth a visit.
Guest Rooms - 627
Meeting Rooms - 24
Largest Conference Room - 12,809 sq. ft.
Total event space - 48,265 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $364-$907
Guest Rooms - 484
Meeting Rooms - 35
Largest Conference Room - 8,816 sq. ft.
Total event space - 25,854 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $311-$801
Guest Rooms - 551
Meeting Rooms - 34
Largest Conference Room - 5,096 sq. ft.
Total event space - 16,129 sq. ft.
Room Rate Range - $135-$750