Why the Cayman Islands for Your Next Meeting or Event?
With its variety of meeting spaces, unforgettable team-building activities and legendary "Caymankind" hospitality, the Cayman Islands provide an ideal setting for meetings and incentives. The "culinary capital of the Caribbean" is a lure for foodies: the destination has 200-plus restaurants that serve everything from fresh local seafood to expertly prepared five-star cuisine. In addition to exceptional epicurean delights, the Cayman Islands offer unforgettable activities on land (incredible eco-attractions, including Grand Cayman's spectacular underground caves with Crystal Caves), on the sea in its crystal-clear waters while its two sister Islands – Cayman Brac and Little Cayman – offer incredible hiking, birding and diving.
Only in the Cayman Islands
The destination is famous for its friendly underwater locals. Groups can get up close and personal with the gentle, smiling stingrays at Stingray City, a group of sandbars located off the shore of Grand Cayman.
- Taxes: hotel tax, 13% on the gross room rate; no sales tax; total tax on hotel rooms, 13%
- CVB: Visit Cayman Islands
- Local Currency: Cayman dollar
- Power: 120 volt
- Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
- Transportation: Owen Roberts International Airport, about 1.8 miles from George Town. Transfer cost by taxi, about $19, by bus, about $3. American Airlines, Cayman Airways, Delta, JetBlue, United, and Southwest Airlines are the among the carriers that offer nonstop service from the U.S.