Why Bermuda for Your Next Meeting or Event?
Surrounded on all sides by the Atlantic Ocean, Bermuda provides a rich maritime culture and heritage. The country abounds with activities that tap into that culture; groups can crew a 19th-century tall ship, snorkel through coral reefs and enjoy fresh sea-to-table dining. Bermuda’s two main hubs each offer unique personalities. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the town of St. George was founded in 1610 and features cobblestone streets and historic spaces, while the capital city of Hamilton is a bustling harbor town.
Only in Bermuda
The waters around Bermuda hold more than 300 sunken vessels, giving the island the nickname "the shipwreck capital of the world."
- Taxes: Hotel tax, 11.75%; no sales tax; total tax on hotel rooms, 11.75 percent, plus 7% energy charge at some properties
- CVB: Bermuda Tourism Authority
- Local Currency: Bermudian dollar (equal to U.S. dollar)
- Power: 120 volt
- Time Zone: Atlantic Time Zone
- Transportation: L.F. Wade International Airport, seven miles from Hamilton; transfer cost by taxi, from $20.