Why Australia for Your Next Meeting or Event?
Now that the country has reopened to the world, wonder-packed Australia is getting back to business. Melbourne will get a Ritz-Carlton hotel this year and has announced a new Four Seasons, while Sydney is welcoming its first international events in two years.
Only in Australia
Composed of six states and two territories, Australia offers singular landscapes — including the stunning outback and the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef system — as well as unique wildlife,
such as kangaroos, platypuses, wombats and koalas.
Coronavirus Information for Business Events Australia
Starting Oct. 14, people will not have to self-isolate at home if they test positive for Covid; people still must isolate until then, and household and close contacts must follow the guidelines.
Taxes: sales tax, 10 percent; total tax on hotel rooms, 10 percent
Australia has nine major convention centers; following are details for centers in the three largest cities:
Good to Know
The Tourism Australia Business Events Bid Fund Program, launched in 2018, offers financial support to new international incentive, association and exhibition events during the bidding stage. Financial support received through the Bid Fund can be used to offset event costs in Australia, such as accommodations and venue hire.
Local Currency: Australian dollar
Power: 230 volt
- Australian Eastern Standard Time (14 hours ahead of EST)
- Australian Central Standard Time (13.5 hours ahead of EST)
- Australian Western Standard Time (12 hours ahead of EST)
- Sydney: Sydney Airport, about 6 miles from the city center. Transfer cost by taxi, about US$31-$38, by AirportLink train, about $10.25
- Melbourne: Melbourne Airport, about 14 miles from the city center. Transfer cost by taxi, about $38-$45
- Brisbane: Brisbane Airport, about 9 miles from the city center. Transfer cost by taxi about $31-$38; by Airtrain, about $13
In Walking Distance...
...of International Convention Centre Sydney:
...of Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre:
...of the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre: