In this biweekly video series, Northstar Meetings Group invites you into our global content team's morning meetings, where we discuss the latest developments of note from around the world. This week, Loren Edelstein, vice president and content director, chats with Paul Harvey, editor of M&IT, about the latest Covid stats and what they mean to meetings and events.
Here's what we talked about:
- In the U.S., emerging new cases of Covid-19, primarily due to the Delta variant, are at their highest rate in six months. (0:17)
- Risk management expert Bruce McIndoe, a featured speaker at Northstar's SMU International event next week in New York City, suggests that everyone should be wearing masks indoors now, regardless of vaccination status. (1:30)
- England has lifted all government-mandated Covid restrictions, but Prime Minister Boris Johnson has urged the public to remain cautious, saying that the pandemic is not over. (4:00)
- The U.K. has introduced a government-sponsored insurance program for events, promising to pay for losses due to cancellation as a result in a change in restrictions. (5:12)
- In-person events are looking strong this fall in the U.K., including The Meetings Show, to be held in London Sept. 30 – Oct. 1. (9:20).