Maritz has launched an online forum dedicated to advancing the conversation about applied behavioral science within business and industry called PeopleScience.
The forum will bring together thought leaders from academia, business, public policy, journalism and related spheres of influence for accessible conversations that bridge the gap between academic discovery and business management.
The growing field of study focuses on understanding the reasons behind the all-too-human behavior, choices and decision-making in our personal, financial and business lives. A growing number of companies are turning to this research as a way to be more predictive and better understand human nature, motivate employees, engage customers, increase productivity, and improve outcomes.
"With PeopleScience, we hope to demystify the behavioral sciences and make them accessible to a wider audience," says Charlotte Blank, chief behavioral officer at Maritz.
Jeff Kreisler, the bestselling author -- with Dan Ariely -- of Dollars and Sense: How We Misthink Money and How to Spend Smarter, will manage the content as editor-in-chief of the site.
Among the many leading influencers (in addition to Blank) providing insightful content and commentary on PeopleScience.com will be:
- Dan Ariely, professor of psychology and behavioral economics, Duke University; best-selling author of Predictably Irrational
- Dr. Robert Cialdini, author of the best-selling book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
- Om Marwah, global head of behavioral science, Walmart
- Kevin Brilliant, business strategy & analytics senior manager, Chicago Bulls
- Matt Wallet, chief behavioral officer, Clover Health
- Ashley Willans, assistant professor, Harvard Business School